Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 27, 2010

Orange Pineapple Cream Salad


Now, I'm not usually a fan of mixed jello salads. I just don't believe that things like shredded carrots, marshmallows, and cheese belong in jello. Maybe, that's just me. But, this mixed jello recipe is really good, if I do say so myself. No funny stuff, just whip cream, jello flavoring, and fruit. Yum! My nephew even requested it for his birthday party. And if an 8-year-old boy is actually requesting a dish, it must be good, right?

Plus, it's a great excuse for a fruit dish. I guess technically this could be considered a dessert, because it's loaded with sweetness. But I say eat it as your "fruit" and still have a slice of pie. I won't tell. 

Enjoy!

{ORANGE PINEAPPLE CREAM SALAD}
1 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond flavoring
3 oz. pkg orange jello
1 can pineapple, crushed
1 large can, (or 2 small) mandarin oranges
1-2 bananas, sliced

Mix whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, almond flavoring and jello. Beat until mixture starts forming soft peaks (don't "over-beat," or you'll be eating butter) . Fold in drained pineapple, oranges, and bananas. Serve immediately.



Pin It!

No comments: