Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 23, 2010

Lemon Whoopie Pies with Raspberry Filling



Yep. You heard me. LEMON WHOOPIE PIES WITH RASPBERRY FILLING. I could end the post right there and I think it would basically sum it up. But I just have to add, that I made this for a girls night, and it was the perfect thing after all our pedicures and manicures were finished. These taste even better than they sound, trust me on this. You won't regret it. Enjoy!

{LEMON WHOOPIE PIES WITH RASPBERRY FILLING}
Makes 15

1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1 c. plus 3 T. light-brown sugar
1 T. grated lemon zest
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. whole milk
3/4 c. heavy cream
1 c. fresh raspberries (4 ounces)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and lemon zest until light and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat to combine, scraping down bowl as needed. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk and ending with flour mixture (scrape bowl as needed). Beat well to combine. 

Drop batter in 2-tablespoon mounds, about 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until puffed and pale golden around edges, 17 to 19 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cakes cool completely on sheets on wire racks. 

In a large bowl, whip cream and 3 tablespoons brown sugar to soft peaks. In a small bowl, mash raspberries with a fork, then fold into whipped cream. Divide raspberry cream evenly among bottoms of half the cakes, then sandwich with remaining cakes.


 Source: Everyday Food Magazine May 2010
Pin It!

No comments: