Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 10, 2010

My Favorite Cookie- Double Decker Peanut Butter Cookies


Today is my birthday, so I get to post one of my favorites in celebration, right? Okay, truth be told, I actually have TWO favorite cookies. But you'll just have to wait for another day to see what the other kind is. 

But this one. Wow. This one is amazing. It further exposes my addiction to peanut butter and chocolate. I made these a few weekends ago and I gained 2 pounds that weekend alone eating these puppies. But don't let that dissuade you from making them! Because I can tell you that they were worth every single ounce I gained. And I worked it right off the next week. So you can too. 

Enjoy!

DOUBLE DECKER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

¾ c. peanut butter
½ c. shortening
1 ¼ c. brown sugar
3 T. milk
1 T. vanilla
1 egg
1 ¾ c. flour
¾ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. baking soda
1 bag peanut butter chips
1 jar chocolate frosting

Preheat oven to 350°. Mix peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk,vanilla, and egg. Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda. Bake on greased baking sheets for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool for a few minutes. Melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals (or over a double broiler), stirring in between. Spread the melted chips over cookies, let cool until the chips harden on top of cookie. Frost with chocolate frosting.

My Favorite Chocolate Frosting Recipe:
3 ¾ c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
¼ tsp. salt
¼ c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. butter

Combine all ingredients in mixing bow. Beat with electric mixer or with heavy spoon until smooth and creamy; scrape bowl often. If too stiff to spread easily, beat in a few drops of milk.

NOTE: You can probably cut the frosting recipe in half for the cookies, but then you wouldn't have extra to put on your graham crackers. It's your call.

Pin It!

1 comment:

presandmissy said...

Aly,

After Spencer ate these tonight at the Mother's Day get together, he has decided you are his favorite aunt...they are amazing!!