Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 27, 2010

White Sauce Mushroom Lasagna

This was a new recipe for me. And as I was at the store buying ingredients, I luckily ran into a neighbor in the lasagna noodle section. She told me about these awesome lasagna noodles that you don't have to boil. I'll be honest, I almost didn't believe her. But it's true!! And they're really good. What will they come up with next?



WHITE SAUCE MUSHROOM LASAGNA

9 Lasagna noodles
1/4 c. flour
3 c. milk
1 c. Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
1 c. cottage cheese
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach (thaw, drain, squeeze)
2 tsp. butter
1 1/2 c. leeks, thinly sliced
2 (8-oz) pkgs button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/3 c. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp. oregano flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese shredded

Cook pasta according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour and milk in a saucepan and whisk until blended. Bring to a boil and cook until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in 1/2 c. Parmesan, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and spinach. Melt butter in a large skillet; add leeks and mushrooms and saute for 7 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley, oregano, and garlic. Coat 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Spread 1 c. spinach mixture onto bottom of pan, top with 3 noodles, then 1&1/2 c. mushroom mixture. Repeat layers ending with noodles. Top with 1/2 c. spinach mixture. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Pin It!

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

So happy to know about your blog. Although, I have already spent way too much time this afternoon looking at it. This recipe looks so yummy! I am going to have to try it.