Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

January 24, 2012

Scotcharoo Bars


These have always been one of my very favorite treats. They are SO simple and quick to make. And they are divinely good. I dare say I've eaten 1/2 a pan of them in the past 2 days. And I wonder why I'm getting chubby cheeks. It's all the baby's fault. Nonono.

Enjoy!

{SCOTCHAROO BARS}

1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. smooth peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1/2 box of Rice Krispies (or corn flakes are really good too!)
1 (12-oz) bag chocolate chips
1 (12-oz) bag butterscotch chips (I often time skip the butterscotch and just do one bag of chocolate chips)

In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, peanut butter, sugar. Heat while stirring until mixture warms and becomes a smooth consistency. Don't boil or cook too long or the bars will be hard. Pour mixture over large bowl of cereal and mix until incorporated. Pour into a sprayed 9x13 pan. 

In a microwave-safe bowl pour both bags or chips (chocolate & butterscotch). Heat for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chips are all melted and mixed together. Pour over Scotcharoos and allow to set up.


Pin It!

No comments: