Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

January 3, 2012

Cheesy Mexican Rice



Did everyone survive the holiday season? I feel like a tornado came through my life. I have to say, because of my amazing husband, my house is in really good condition. But his pregnant wife on the other hand, feels like she's been through a tornado. 

But we're on the other side. And it's back to an uncluttered home and life. And back to cooking. I've really enjoyed all the parties and not cooking dinner very much. But I'm looking forward to being on a schedule again. 

This rice dish was WONDERFUL! We ate it for days with different dishes. You'll love it. It's so fresh and delicious. You're not going to come close to this with a box, I promise. I found it on this cute new little blog I linked to through Pinterest. Thanks!

Enjoy!

{CHEESY MEXICAN RICE}
2 T. butter
1 1/2 c. long-grain rice
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded & finely chopped (keep the seeds in if you want more heat)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 c. chicken broth
1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1 c. cheese, shredded

In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the rice, onion, jalepeno, and garlic. Cook until the rice is browned and vegetables are tender. Stir in the water, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender, about 15 to 17 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and cheese and transfer to a serving bowl.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you liked it! It's that cheese that makes it so good. :)

Anonymous said...

I made this and my family LOVED it. The cheese does make it special!