Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 2, 2011

Yellow Squash Casserole



Obviously, I'm needing to use up things we're finding in our garden. It's a great problem to have actually. And things just taste so much better when they are picked fresh in your yard. Believe me. 

This was so yummy and really quick to put together. It reminded me a lot of my husbands favorite zucchini casserole, but quicker and easier...and "yellow-er." Er... something.

Enjoy!

{YELLOW SQUASH CASSEROLE} 
4 c. yellow squash, thinly sliced
1/2 c. onion, chopped
35 buttery round crackers, crushed
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
2 T. butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying with cooking oil. Place squash, onion, and a small amount of water in a large skillet over medium heat. Cover, and cook until squash is tender {about 5 minutes}. Drain well, and place in a large bowl. 

In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter. 

Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Pin It!

No comments: