Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 30, 2011

Poppyseed Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze


You could call this "bread" to make yourself feel better. But with all the goodness that goes into it, I thought I'd better be honest with myself and call it what it is. Cake....or just plain ole poppyseed goodness.

This is a recipe from my sweet mother-in-law. I'm so glad I married into a family that loves good food too! What a relief!

I made this for some sweet girls in my neighborhood and they loved it. That's always a relief when I make something for the first time for other people. Why am I always doing that? It's risky. But this one turned out FANtastic.

Enjoy!

{POPPYSEED BUNDT CAKE}
3 c. flour
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
2 c. sugar
1 ½ c. milk
1 c. oil
3 eggs
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 ½ tsp. almond extract
3 T. poppy seeds

Orange Glaze:
¾ c. powdered sugar
2 T. orange juice ½ tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. almond
2 T. melted butter

Prepare bundt pan by generously spraying with cooking oil. Be sure to spray the middle piece too! Flour the pan, by putting a small amount in and turning the pan to coat evenly. 

In a medium bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together, and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, almond, and poppy seeds. Blend with hand mixer for 2 minutes or until completely incorporated. Add dry ingredients to the poppy seed mixture and blend until mixed together. 

Pour into bundt pan and bake at 350° for 1 hour. 

Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before inverting onto a large plate or platter. Prepare glaze and pour over warm cake. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. 

Pin It!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Where do you find poppy seeds? I've got another recipe I've wanted to try (and now this one!) but I haven't had luck finding them!

Jenn said...

I've seen a similar bread recipe like this, but it sounds delicious as a cake!

Aly said...

Hi Michelle! How are you? I buy my poppy seeds just in the spice section at the grocery store (Smith's to be exact). There are different brands that carry them. I hope you can find them. And Jenn, this was originally called a "bread" but with all that sugar, I decided to call it a cake. So yummy!