Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 12, 2011

Lemon Basil Chicken Salad



This is another delicious dish from my friend, Shannon. This was very sophisticated and different from any chicken salad I've had. I'm excited to serve this at the next shower I host (anyone getting married or having a baby?)

And usually people think of chicken salad as being a "woman food." You know, like I just mentioned for a shower. But I have to say that I made this for dinner and I think my husband ate more than I did. So it does please both sexes. 

Try it and enjoy!

{LEMON BASIL CHICKEN SALAD}
4 c. chicken, cooked & diced
1 rib celery, minced
1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
1/4 c. silvered almonds, toasted
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayo
1/4 c. red onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice 
zest from lemon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine ingredients and chill for a couple hours before serving. You can serve with bread or on a bed of lettuce.
Pin It!

No comments: