Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 28, 2011

FRESH Peach Cobbler

 This is Autumn Heaven in my household. I absolutely LOVE fresh peaches. My husband absolutely LOVES cobbler. And of course, my 3-year-old LOVES any sweet treat. 


This was so fabulous, the 2nd night we were having the leftovers after the wee-one went to bed. But his little nose caught on and sure enough he was crawling down the hall to see what Mom & Dad were doing behind his back.

"What are you eating?" came a tiny little voice from the dark.

CRASH! As our forks hit our bowls.

"Uhh, nothing honey, just go back to bed."

Yep, that wasn't going to work. I felt so guilty I just had to give him a taste...of cheese...as I sent him back to bed!

Parents of the year award, right here.

Enjoy!

P.S. The cobbler topping on this is the BEST I've ever tried. No doubt. Divine.

{FRESH PEACH COBBLER}
print this
THE PEACHES
8 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
1/4 c. white sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. cornstarch

THE COBBLER
1 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 T. unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1/4 c. boiling water

THE MAGIC DUST
3 T. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
  
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, brown sugar,  cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. 

While that bakes, in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture is coarsely mixed together. Stir in water until just combined. 

Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of cobbler batter over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture, aka "the magic dust." Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Lizi Bates said...

Haha Benny boy. I can't blame him for following his nose :)