Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 19, 2011

Waffle Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting



Remember these divine treats? Well this is the same idea, but simplified. 

Simplified. That is my new personal theme. I'm trying to simplify and stream-line my life. Prioritize and dump unnecessary things off my to-do this.

So, this is perfect. As much as I LOVE those German Chocolate variety, these are simple. And MUCH quicker than regular brownies. You'll be eating these in minutes.

They'll also be GONE in minutes. They're that good. 

Enjoy!

{WAFFLE BROWNIES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING}
click here for a printable version of this recipe
1 cube margarine, melted

7 T. cocoa

4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ c. white sugar

2 c. flour

½ tsp. salt

1/2 c. chopped walnuts
Mix margarine, cocoa, eggs and vanilla together. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, salt. Mix dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture. Fold in nuts. Drop the batter by tablespoonful onto hot waffle iron. Close and cook for one minute. 
{CREAM CHEESE FROSTING}
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cubes butter (12 T.), room temperature
1/2 T. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powder sugar
Cream the cheese and butter together on low speed with a mixer.  Scrape the bowl. Add lemon juice and vanilla. Mix together. Add powder sugar on low until incorporated.  Mix on med-high for 3 minutes to make the frosting a bit lighter. Chill for 1/2 hour to stiffen up before using.

Pin It!

No comments: