Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 5, 2010

German Chocolate Waffle Brownies




You can't get more delicious than this. If you ever have a bad day, this is the treat for you. The base is a waffle brownie, you guessed it, made on a waffle iron. The middle is my mom's yummiest coconut pecan frosting. And then to top it off, just a little dollop of easy chocolate ganache.

Now don't be scared away quite yet, because this tasty morsel is quite simple to put together. Let's be real here, I hardly ever try anything too challenging. So take my word for it. 

Let me know if you try it, because I'm coming over if you do. It's QUITE delicious. Enjoy!

{GERMAN CHOCOLATE WAFFLE BROWNIES}
Waffle Brownies
Mix together:
1 cube margarine, melted
7 T. cocoa
4 eggs, beaten
Combine:
1 ½ c. white sugar
2 c. flour
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Add to chocolate mixture. Add nuts if desired. Drop by teaspoonsful onto hot waffle iron. Close and cook for one minute.

Coconut Pecan Frosting
3 egg yolks
1 c. sugar
1 c. evaporated milk
½ c. butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 c. flaked coconut
1 c. chopped pecans

Combine egg yolks, sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla.  Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, 12 to 15 minutes.  Add coconut and pecans.  Beat until thick enough to spread.  Makes 3 cups.

Chocolate Ganache 
Put your favorite chocolate frosting in the microwave for about 30 seconds until it's soft and almost runny. Put a dollop on top. 
Here's my favorite Chocolate Frosting Recipe:
3 ¾ c. powdered sugar
¼ tsp. salt
¼ c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. butter
1/2 c. cocoa

Combine all ingredients in mixing bow. Beat with electric mixer or with heavy spoon until smooth and creamy; scrape bowl often. If too stiff to spread easily, beat in a few drops of milk.


Pin It!

No comments: