Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 3, 2010

Fiesta Lime Chicken

I'm liking the "copy cat" recipes. So much in fact, I've started a new category of copycat recipes on my blog. I'm hoping to add to them, so feel free to send me your favorite copy cat recipes to try.

This is the meal I order whenever I go to Applebees. And since that doesn't happen too often, I found a recipe to match. And it is YUMMY! I love this, especially when it's done on the grill. And that's for a couple reasons: 1) Because chicken grilled on the BBQ is delicious and 2) it means my husband is the chef for the night.

Other things that I'm a sucker for: lime and meals that include crushed tortilla chips. So, when I came across this dish, I was immediately hooked. Enjoy!

{FIESTA LIME CHICKEN}

1 c. water
1/3 c. teriyaki sauce
1/2 lime, juiced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 lb. chicken breasts
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sour cream
2 T. spicy, salsa
1 T. milk
1 tsp. cajun spice
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. hot sauce
1/8 tsp. dried dill weed
1/8 tsp. cumin
1 c. shredded cheese

Whisk together the first 7 ingredients, coat chicken in mixture, and marinate for at least 2 hours. Whisk together the next 9 ingredients, cover, and chill until needed. Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Discard marinade. Brush grilled chicken with reserved dressing, sprinkle with cheese, and broil until cheese has melted. Serve the chicken over a bed of crumbled chips.


Pin It!

No comments: