Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

November 21, 2011

Pumpkin Delight


Ok, we're going to try this. I'm slowly starting to appreciate food again, and not just force feed myself every couple hours.

This is a favorite pumpkin treat in our family. And I had completely forgotten about it until my brother started talking about it a few weeks ago. 

My husband is a pumpkin fanatic, so I'm always looking for pumpkin recipes. This is a sure winner!

And to be quite honest, I DON'T like pumpkin pie. I don't like pie actually. Crazy I know. I try every year to change my mind, because pies are so pretty. But I just don't like the crust. So this pumpkin delight is like pumpkin pie but with a cake crust instead of a pastry crust. WINNER!

I hope you enjoy! 

{PUMPKIN DELIGHT}
The crust:
1 pkg. yellow cake mix with 1 c. mix removed.
½ c. butter, melted
1 egg

Mix together and press firmly into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.

The filling
In a bowl mix the following:
1 large (30-oz) can pumpkin pie mix (not plain pumpkin!)
2 eggs, slightly beaten.
1 can evaporated milk

Pour onto crust.

The Topping:
Mix and crumble on the top:
¼ c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ c. cold butter
1 c. reserved cake mix.

Bake 350° for 50-60 minutes. Serve with whipped cream. This is great served warm or cold.
Pin It!

7 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I made one of these last year and it totally wasn't great... Maybe I will have to give this one a try! The recipe I used called for the pure pumpkin, so maybe using the pumpkin pie mix will make a big difference?

Lizi Bates said...

I LOVE pumpkin, but don't like pumpkin pie either! And I just have to share this pie crust recipe...I'm very picky when it comes to pie, and this is BY FAR the best pie crust ever: http://lewisrecipebox.blogspot.com/2011/07/never-fail-pie-crust.html

And just this morning I came across a pumpkin recipe that looks divine in case you want to try it out for Steve (I haven't tried it yet): http://willowbirdbaking.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/pumpkin-spice-pull-apart-bread-with-butter-rum-glaze/

I'm glad you aren't just having to force feed yourself anymore. Isn't it strange how such a foodie can hate food when you're pregnant? It doesn't make sense and it's so sad! At least it's not terminal :)

Anonymous said...

What size can of evaporated milk do you use in the recipe? This sounds delish-can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

Can you please let me know what size can of evaporated milk to use? Can't wait to make this. Thanks

Donna said...

Well, you've had two people ask what size can of evaporated milk, with no answer! Is it the small or larger can? If you're going to take the time to post the recipe, take a minute to clarify it!

Amelia said...

It is the small 6oz can. I found other comparable ones that used 6oz.

Anonymous said...

Hello Maryann, yes some call for the pumpkin purée, but it’s better with the pumpkin pie mix. This is my mothers recipe. E we make it every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Enjoy