Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 7, 2011

Zucchini Muffins



These little suckers were really good and super fast to throw together. You don't even need to peel the zucchini. They were super tasty with scrambled eggs with fresh tomatoes too! 

We froze half the muffins for later, when we're not so "zucchini'd-out."

I found the recipe on this cute little blog

Enjoy!

{ZUCCHINI MUFFINS}
3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
2/3 c. butter, melted (plus 1 T. for later)
2 tsp. vanilla
Zest from 1-2 lemons
3 c. grated un-peeled zucchini

Whisk together, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.  In a separate bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until creamy.  Add the 2/3 cup melted butter, vanilla and lemon zest and mix well.  Add the shredded zucchini and mix to combine.  Last, add the dry ingredients and mix just until blended.  Batter will be very thick.  Melt one Tablespoon butter and using a pastry brush, brush all over the muffin cups.  Do this instead of using cooking spray.  Distribute batter evenly between greased muffin cups, filling completely full. Bake at 350 degrees for 21-23 minutes for regular muffins or 30-32 minutes for jumbo muffins.  Muffins will be browned and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.    

Pin It!

1 comment:

melissa said...

I've been LOOKING for a good zucchini muffin/bread recipe for some time. So glad you found one!!