Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 31, 2010

Easy Hawaiian Haystacks

Oh yes. This was my favorite dinner growing up. It's the one I used to ask for when my birthday rolled around. And it may be what inspired me to attend college in Hawaii, I'm not sure. I've actually found a more "gourmet" recipe for Hawaiian Haystacks, but this one is awesome because it's so quick and easy. I love meals where you can build your own pile. The only problem is that I start craving Shave Ice when I eat this, and I don't exactly live near Haleiwa anymore. Sad. This will have to do. Enjoy!

EASY HAWAIIAN HAYSTACKS
The Sauce:
2-3 Chicken Breasts, cooked and chopped
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Chicken Broth

The Toppings
Peas
Pineapple
Coconut
Chow Mein Noodles
Almonds
Green Onions
Cheese
Tomatoes

Cook enough rice for your family. I prefer a sticky rice, but do what you must. Mix soup, broth, and chicken in saucepan over medium heat until combined and heated through. Serve over rice and top with your favorite toppings. 


Pin It!

No comments: