Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 3, 2010

The Best Waffles in the Whole World

I'm almost hesitant to share this recipe, because I love it so much. In fact I make it every week. And then I freeze the leftovers and pop them in the toaster for my son's breakfast every morning. It's awesome! 

This is a family recipe. Kind of random, but my mom found it taped to the inside of the cupboard when we moved into my childhood house. She's used it ever since and now I use it every week!

You'll never need another waffle recipe. Enjoy!

THE BEST WAFFLES IN THE WHOLE WORLD

Sift together:
1 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
Add:
2 egg yolks, beaten (save the whites!)
2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. oil
Gently Fold in:
Stiffly beaten egg whites

Then after I cook all the waffles, like I said before, I break them into individual squares, put them in a freezer bag and freeze. In the morning, I just pop them in the toaster for my son's breakfast. SO much better than store bought waffles, TRUST me.

Pin It!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Wow! Usually when I make waffles they tend to get a little soggy after they sit for a minute--these crisped right up. It was definitely worth the extra work of beating the yolks and egg whites. Fantastic taste, too. Thanks for the recipe!