Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 12, 2010

Easy Cream Cheese & Salsa Enchiladas




I was talking with a dear friend of mine, whom I've been friends with for over 20 years. Wow, does that make me sound old, or what? We met in kindergarten, so cut me some slack. Anyway, she told me how she remembers always eating cream cheese smothered in salsa, with tortilla chips at my house, when we were little. It made me laugh, because I don't remember eating that a lot in my youth...but I DO love it. 

I have to admit, I haven't eaten it in years, with one small exception. This recipe. It happens to include both! And maybe that's why I was drawn to this recipe in the first place. But now it's a dish that my husband requests quite often. It comes together SUPER fast. I have tried cutting down on the fat by substituting sour cream for the cream cheese. It's good....but let's face it, nothing is as good as cream cheese when it comes to the creamy factor. So, just ENJOY!

P.S. Britt, I dedicate this to you. I know you'll love it!


{EASY CREAM CHEESE & SALSA ENCHILADAS}

1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese
1 c. salsa
2 c. chicken breast, cooked & shredded
1 can black beans
8-10 flour tortillas
2 c. shredded cheese
Enchilada Sauce
In medium saucepan combine cream cheese and salsa. Cook stirring until melted and well blended. Stir in chicken and beans. Fill tortillas with mixture, roll, and place in greased 9x13 pan. Spread enchilada sauce and cheese over top. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Garnish with your choice of lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.

Note: You can use the pre-made canned enchilada sauce, the packet of enchilada seasoning (which you'll need tomato sauce to mix it with), or you can make your own. I personally use the seasoning packet, just because it's easy to have on hand.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Oooh! Yum, Aly. I'll have to try these out for sure. I bet they'll be a hit for Jon too. :)