Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 28, 2010

Dad's Perfect Homemade Rootbeer

Summer would just not be Summer, without my dad's homemade rootbeer. He has it perfected, I tell you. Absolutely perfected. I attempted to make it for the first time and it was good. But I still like it better when my dad's at the brewery. 

I thought about posting a picture of a glass of ice cold rootbeer (oh man, so good), but I thought I'd post a picture of the action instead. Kids love this part! And I secretly still do too.

You've got to try this, but make sure you invite lots of friends over, because you're going to have A LOT of soda on your hands. 

Enjoy!

{DAD'S PERFECT HOMEMADE ROOTBEER}
4 gallons water
5 lbs. dry ice
5 lbs. sugar (9 C.)
1 bottle Root Beer Extract

Add and dissolve sugar in 1 gallon water. Pour in rootbeer extract. Fill the extract bottle with water and pour into jug to ensure you get ALL the flavoring. Add 4 gallons water. About ½ hour before serving, add dry ice and allow to process. Be sure to leave the lid off, or at least leave it loose on top, otherwise you'll create a root beer bomb. No fun.

Pin It!

No comments: