Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 15, 2010

Easy Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole



This was a very simple dinner to throw together. ESPECIALLY if you do my trick for prepping your chicken before hand. I made this one night when my little guy was sick. It was a great comfort food. But since he was sick, I didn't want to take him to the store and I was running a bit low on supplies. I didn't have sour cream, so I used a substitute (see below). I tasted it before I mixed it in and it was actually pretty decent. And it absolutely did the trick for the recipe. Enjoy!


{SOUR CREAM SUBSTITUION}
1 c. low-fat cottage cheese 
1 T. lemon juice 
2 T.  milk

Whip until smooth in a blender.

{EASY CHICKEN & WILD RICE CASSEROLE}
1 (6-oz) pkg Wild Rice mix (Uncle Ben's or Rice a Roni)
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. celery, chopped
2 T. butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. sour cream
1/3 c. water
1/2 tsp. curry powder
2 c. chicken, cooked & chopped

Prepare rice according to package directions. Saute onion and celery in the butter. Stir in soup, sour cream, water, and curry powder. Fold in chicken and rice. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 35-40 minutes. Stir before serving.


Pin It!

No comments: