Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 2, 2010

Homemade Fresh Lemon Ice Cream


We had our first "campout" with our little guy last night. We decided to camp in Pop & Nana's backyard (my parents). If you saw where my parents live, you would understand why we wanted to camp there. It's absolutely breath-taking. The camping part was hilarious! We didn't get much sleep. Turns out an almost 2-year-old doesn't really get the idea of camping. He thought it was play-time, in the tent with Mommy & Daddy. 

But, the "service" was unparalleled. My mom pampered us, like she always does. And she made "something delicious," like she always does. She found this wonderful recipe for homemade fresh lemon ice cream. It was so yummy! I just had to share. Except, I would say I would cut down on the sugar next time, I think 4 cups is a little much.

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend. And enjoy some fresh lemon ice cream!



{HOMEMADE FRESH LEMON ICE CREAM}

4 c. sugar
Zest of one lemon, or more if you choose
3/4 c. fresh lemon juice (it was 2.5 lemons)
1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
2 quarts milk (8 cups)
1 pint cream (2 cups)

Mix ingredients in order as they are listed. Freeze in ice cream freezer.





Pin It!

No comments: