Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 9, 2010

Chocolate Crusted No-Bake Berry Cheesecake



Now for this mouth-watering, delicious, little number. This is actually a work in progress, if you can believe it. I mean it looks GORGEOUS and it tastes even better. But my smarty-pants husband had a wonderful suggestion to make this with a brownie crust instead. Which is a FABULOUS idea! See, why I married this guy? But, I'm just waiting to run a few more miles until I make it again. 

In the meantime, I think this chocolate cookie crust is WONDERFUL. And the fresh berries are to die for.  A little word of caution, though, the cookie crust is a little tough to gracefully cut with your fork. I know it may be a little irreverent (can you be irreverent with cheesecake?), but we actually ended up eating this like a piece of pizza.

Go enjoy this Some Kind of Delicious original recipe and let me know how you like it (especially if you use a brownie crust). Enjoy!



{CHOCOLATE CRUSTED NO-BAKE BERRY CHEESECAKE}
The Crust:
About 35 chocolate cookies (like Oreo's, but I used the generic) 
2 T. white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
6 T. unsalted butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, combine cookies, sugar, and salt. Process until fine crumbs form. Add butter, and pulse until mixture comes together. Press crumbs firmly into an 11-inch tart pan. Use the back of a measuring cup to make the crust flat and uniform. Bake until crust is set, about 20 minutes. Let cool.


The Cheese Cake:
8-oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 c. lemon juice (fresh would be wonderful!)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Fresh raspberries & blueberries


Cream the cream cheese and condensed milk with a hand mixer, until smooth. Add lemon juice and mix until smooth. (Don't add the lemon in the beginning, otherwise your cream cheese will be lumpy.) Mix in nutmeg. Spread the mixture on top of the cooled chocolate crust and let set-up in refrigerator for a couple hours. Arrange fresh berries on top, right before serving. 

Pin It!

No comments: