Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 14, 2010

Lime Zest Muffins with Poppy Seed Streusel


Have you ever made muffins from scratch? If you haven't, this is your chance. It makes a HUGE difference when you make them from scratch. They have a hearty texture and taste. Trust me. Someday soon, I'll post my favorite muffin recipe, but for now this is a new recipe to me. And it was tasty. It's sweet, but not too sweet, which is great for a morning meal, so you don't end up in a sugar coma. One heads up though, these are only good for a day or two, so either eat them up or maybe consider putting them in the freezer for another day.

Try it and let me know what you think. Enjoy! 

{LIME ZEST MUFFINS WITH POPPY SEED STREUSEL}

Streusel:
3 T. sugar
2 T. flour
1 T. butter, melted
1 tsp. poppy seeds

Muffins:
2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 T. grated lime rind (or you could try a differen citrus like orange or lime)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 c. sour cream

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare streusel by combining ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside. Prepare the muffins by combining 2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir with a whisk until completely combined. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine buttermilk and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; add to the "well" in the flour mixture, stirring just until the entire batter is moist. Spoon batter into 15 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on wire rack to cool.
Pin It!

No comments: