Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 3, 2010

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

This one is for my husband. 

If you know me, you know I cannot lie. I mean, even if I try to, it's so obvious that everyone gets embarrassed for me. So I don't try. And it's hard to even hide things from people. I wear my emotions on my sleeve. That's just who I am. Sometimes it's a pain, but mostly I think it's a good thing, because you can always be sure that what you see is what you get with me. 

Wow, that's a long introduction, just to tell you that I have to be honest with the pot pie. I've never liked Chicken Pot Pie of any sort. But I do like this. And my husband loves it. If you like Chicken Pot Pie, you will too! Enjoy!



HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE

2 1/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1/4 c. onions, chopped
2 med. carrots, coarsely chopped
3 T. cornstarch
1 2/4 c. evaporated milk
3 c. chicken breasts, cooked & chopped
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
1/4 c. fresh parsley, snipped
1/2 tsp. dried sage
Pie Crust (recipe below) -- you can also use phyllo dough

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups broth, celery, onions, and carrots. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. In a small bowl stir together the remaining 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch until smooth. Slowly add cornstarch mixture to vegetables and broth. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat, cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in chicken, peas, parsley, and sage. To prepare 2-quart casserole dish, coat with cooking spray. Gently pour chicken mixture into casserole dish and cover with crust, pinching to secure around the edges. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

Pie Crust
1 1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, chilled and diced
1/4 c. ice water

In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Roll dough out to fit casserole dish.


Pin It!

No comments: