Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 21, 2010

Bacon Crusted Meatloaf

Today,  I thought I'd share one of my sister-in-law's WONDERFUL recipes. I was smart enough to compile a book of my in-laws' all-time favorite recipes. They are all amazing cooks. So, it's been wonderful going through all their recipes. This one immediately stood out. This is no ordinary meatloaf. This really is the ULTIMATE. If you think you don't like meatloaf, try this and you will definitely change your mind. I mean who wouldn't enjoy bacon crusted anything? Let's be honest. Enjoy!

{BACON CRUSTED MEATLOAF}

2 lbs. ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. bread crumbs
½ c. chopped onion
½ c. grated carrot
½ c. ketchup
¼ c. barbecue sauce
½ c. milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried sage
½ lb. bacon strips, uncooked

Meatloaf sauce: Heated together in the microwave and stirred.
2 c. ketchup 
2 c. brown sugar 


In a large bowl combine all ingredients except bacon and meatloaf sauce. Mix well. Place in greased 9x6 inch loaf pan. Cut bacon strips in half and place over top of meatloaf to cover. Bake at 350° for about 1 hour. Remove from oven and drain off excess juices. Spoon on enough meatloaf sauce to cover the top. Reserve additional sauce for passing. Return to oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until meatloaf is done (meat thermometer should read 350°). Let stand for a few minutes before cutting.

Pin It!

No comments: