Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 2, 2010

The Best Blondies You'll Ever Make

I immediately fell in love with these blondies when my sister-in-law made them. Oh wow. Forget everything you "think" about blondies, brownies, or desserts. When you try these, especially right out of the oven, you're going to hit the ground. And it's awesome to try different "combinations" inside this recipe. Enjoy!

BLONDIES
 
8 T. butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Pinch salt
1 c. all-purpose flour

Butter an 8×8 pan. Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in any additions (below). Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting them.
Further additions, use one or a combination of:
  • 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts, toasting them first for even better flavor
  • 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 teaspoon mint extract in addition to or in place of the vanilla
  • 1/2 cup mashed bananas
  • Stir 1/2 cup dried fruit, especially dried cherries, into the prepared batter
  • Top with a vanilla butter cream or chocolate peanut butter cream frosting
Pin It!

No comments: