Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 30, 2010

The Best Peanut Butter Bars with PB-Chocolate Frosting

I know, I know.

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!?!?

I've been living life. And life is one crazy ride, I tell you. So, I decided to take a break and simplify....re-prioritize, if you will.

And how have I been coping with this? By eating these delicious peanut butter bars. It really does make me feel better (well, until I climb back on that dang treadmill...but still...TOTALLY worth it).

Enjoy!

3/4 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. margarine
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. flour
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. oats
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream together peanut butter, brown sugar, margarine, and sugar. Stir in salt, baking soda, flour, eggs, oatmeal, and vanilla. Dough will be stiff. Press into an un-greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven for about 2 minutes. Remove from oven and spread melted chocolate chips around. Wait about 15 minutes for chocolate to set a little. Frost with peanut butter frosting (below) and swirl into chocolate chips.

Frosting:
1 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk, to consistency
3/4 c. peanut butter

Cream powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter until smooth.



Pin It!

1 comment:

Heather and Eric said...

So glad your back! Now I can cook dinner again!