Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 1, 2010

Shopska Salad


Fresh goodness, that's what it is. Especially with all things from our garden. Isn't it amazing how wonderful tomatoes taste when they're straight off the vine? Wow. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 

Perhaps you've seen a salad similar to this before now? Maybe you're thinking, "Hey this is greek!" Well, not so in our home. My husband lived in Bulgaria about 10 years ago (no, he's not a Bulgar). And he took me back to visit this Summer. It was an amazing trip. What a remarkable country and people. It's life-changing.

Anyway, this salad is by FAR one of my husband's favorite "treats." That's why our garden is planned the way it is: cucumbers, tomatoes and green onions. I wish we could grow feta cheese out there too. That would be nice. 

In any case, ENJOY!

P.S. These measurements are just estimates of how we like this salad. Add however much of each ingredient you'd like. 

{SHOPSKA SALAD}

1 medium cucumber, peeled and cubed into bite-size pieces
2-3 medium tomatoes, diced
3-4 green onions, chopped
1/2 c. feta cheese, crumbled
Olive oil
Red Wine Vinegar
Toss all veggies and cheese together. Drizzle your desired amount of oil and vinegar over all (put as much on as you would with salad dressing).


Pin It!

1 comment:

Fencing Contractors Cincinnati said...

Grateful for you writing this blog.