Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 7, 2010

Zucchini & Tomato Frittata

I guess you'd probably think "breakfast" when you think about frittatta (by the way, isn't that a fun word to say?). But we had this for dinner and it was WONDERFUL! It was also a great way to use more of our garden veggies.

I know I've mentioned our garden a lot lately. I think it's funny that when we plant our garden in the Spring, it seems like such a great idea to have all these fresh veggies to just go in the backyard to pick. And in theory, it IS quite nice. But I have to say, it's also a little stressful. I keep thinking, "Ok come up with another dish that uses zucchini, tomatoes, green onions, and maybe some butternut squash, etc." I think I may have to get quite creative to use all these veggies. 

Uh-oh. I just remembered we haven't even TOUCHED our jalapeno peppers. Any suggestions?

{ZUCCHINI & TOMATO FRITTATA}
8 eggs
1 T. coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. grated Monterrey Jack cheese
1 tsp. olive oil
1 small zucchini, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 c. parmesan cheese, grated

In a medium bowl, combine eggs, basil, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup Monterrey Jack cheese; beat well and set aside. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add zucchini, onions, and green onions. Cook and stir for two minutes or until veggies are tender. Add egg mixture; cook 2 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set, lifting edges occasionally to allow uncooked egg mixture to flow to bottom of skillet. Top frittata with tomato slices. Sprinkle remaining Monterrey Jack cheese and Parmesan cheese over all. Broil for about 2 minutes or until top is set and begins to brown. Garnish with chopped fresh basil.


Pin It!

No comments: