Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

September 2, 2010

Homemade Strawberry Oreos

Yum.

Thanks to my beautiful, talented, smart, sophistacted friend, Patty, for these. I don't usually post pictures of food others have made (maybe I should start doing that!), but these were fantastic! And she claims she "doesn't cook." Well, shut yo' mouth Patricia! These are yummy. 

Maybe you've made home-made oreos before, but there were two things about these that stood out to me, and made them definite winners:

1) The cookies were small! Like maybe a little bigger than a silver dollar. It was the PERFECT size.

and

2) The strawberry frosting!!! GENIUS!! I think I had about 4 at her house and then claimed "I need to take some home to my husband." Haha, my evil plot worked.

I'll include the recipe for the white filling too, just in case you're not a strawberry fan. Enjoy!

{HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY OREOS}

1 box Betty Crocker devils food cake mix.
¾ c. butter or margarine softened
2 eggs
1 can Strawberry Frosting (usually, I'm not a fan of pre-made stuff, but in this case, it was so yummy!)
(or if you'd like the original filling:)
Classic White Filling:
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
½ c. butter
2 T. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar

In a large bowl combine cake mix, the ¾ c. butter, and eggs. Chill about 10 minutes. Roll into small balls. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes. Cool completely.  Spread filling of choice on top of cookie, and then top with another cookie to make an oreo sandwich. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.


Pin It!

1 comment:

Lizi Bates said...

Haha Aly, you crack me up. I laughed out loud when I read "Well shut yo' mouth Patricia!" I can totally hear you saying that. I'm browsing your site looking for a good frosting recipe. I might just have to make these cookies now, dang it.