Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 4, 2011

Thai Chicken Pizza


Have I mentioned how much my husband likes Thai food? I have to admit, I wasn't such a "die-hard" fan until I married this man. But I really have grown to like it...a lot. And things like this, are hard to resist.



This is such a fresh, delicious pizza. And it's so different from the regular ole' greasy stuff {which, let's be honest I love those kinds too!}. But this was sophisticated and sweet, kinda like my man. {uh oh, he's going to read this and ask me to erase it. ha! Love you honey!}

Enjoy!

{THAI CHICKEN PIZZA}
Pizza Dough:
2 tsp. yeast
1 c. warm water
2 T. oil
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
2 ½ c. flour 
Peanut Sauce:
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
3 T. soy sauce
3 T. water
2 T. canola oil
2 tsp. garlic, minced

Toppings:
1 lb. chicken, cooked & cubed
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
3 green onions, chopped
2 c. grated mozzarella cheese
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1/2 c. cilantro, chopped

Active yeast in warm water, sprinkled with sugar. Allow to set for 5 minutes. Mix in remaining dough ingredients and knead. Let rise in warm place, covered for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile prepare pizza stone, or cookie sheet by sprinkling with cornmeal. 
Roll out dough and place on pizza stone. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the peanut sauce. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 10-15 minutes {oh, look at that. It's the same amount of time the crust is baking!} or until thickened. Set aside to cool. Spread peanut sauce over baked crust {the peanut sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge}. Top with red peppers, green onions, chicken, and cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Remove from oven and top with cucumbers and cilantro.


Pin It!

No comments: