Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 18, 2011

Cranberry Coconut Chicken



Here's another one from our church cookbook. It was so delicious! Besides beating the devil out of the chicken, it's really quite easy to put together.

Ok, pause. I will give 10 points to the first person who leaves a comment telling me where "beat the devil out of it" comes from. I'll give you a hint, it's a TV show (and Steve you can't guess). Heck, if you can tell me where it's from, I'll give you a cookbook (just one of my favorites). 

The contest is on.


Wow, that was quite a detour from what I was saying. Anyway...this is really good AND it can be quite sophisticated. Enjoy! 

Oh, and thanks Shannon!

{CRANBERRY COCONUT CHICKEN}
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I had my butcher slice them in half so they were easier to roll)
1/2 c. whole berry cranberry sauce (yes, I used the canned stuff)
Salt, pepper
1/2 c. flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. coconut, flaked
1 c. bread crumbs
1/2 c. melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan with some of the melted butter. Pound chicken to 1 inch thick (beat the devil out of it...eh eh eh). Spoon 1 Tablespoon of cranberry sauce into the  middle of each chicken. Roll chicken and secure with a toothpick (seriously, just be sure to remove it before you eat it!). Sprinkle each rolled chicken breast with salt and pepper. 

Make 3 separate dipping stations, either in a shallow bowl or plate. There should be a station with:
1-the flour
2-the eggs
3-the bread crumbs and coconut mixed together

Dip the chicken breasts into the flour, then dip them in the egg, and then finally dip them in the bread crumb/coconut mixture. Make sure they are coated well. Don't get discouraged, this is messy work. But I promise it will all make sense when you pull them out of the oven. 
Place chicken in prepared 9x13 pan and drizzle remaining butter over all. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.


Pin It!

2 comments:

The Oman Family said...

Is that from Bob Ross? I love watching him paint. Its amazing!

Courtney Taylor said...

Hooray for Anna! I too enjoy bob ross. For those of you who love him too, my school has one of his paintings. You can only get a painting donated by him. I guess he has relatives in the area and my principal thinks he actually came and did some painting demos here at Draper back in the day!