Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

August 11, 2011

Lemon {and Lime} Bars


On our awesome little get-away to San Diego, we stayed this this gorgeous home. It was like our own little family resort. It was amazing. And of course the house had it's own lemon orchard...yes, of course it did. They said we were welcome to take whatever we wanted! We make so many batches of fresh lemonade, which I promise is coming! 

But I was able to take some of these amazing lemons home and so I've been looking for yummy recipes to use them in. This was one. These little bars were so yummy. But you know I never can leave well-enough alone. So I added some lime zest and juice to it as well! Hey, also be aware that this needs a couple hours to cool before serving.

Enjoy!


{LEMON AND LIME BARS}
20 Vanilla Wafers, finely crushed (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 c.  flour
1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. cold margarine
1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 T.  flour
3 T. lemon zest, divided
1/4 c.  fresh lemon juice
Zest & juice from one small lime 
1/4 tsp.  Baking Powder
2 tsp. powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil. Mix wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min. 

Beat cream cheese with the granulated sugar with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and 2 T. flour; mix well. Blend in 1 T. lemon zest, lemon juice, lime zest, lime juice and baking powder; pour over crust. 

Bake 25 to 28 min. or until center is set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining zest before serving.
 
Pin It!

No comments: