Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

January 26, 2011

A Whopper of a Cupcake


This is dedicated to my sister-in-law, who is MOST talented. I called her in a panic a couple months ago about what to bring to a wedding shower. This cupcake was at the top of her list. And she was RIGHT! 

However, I made them and they were delicious, but I didn't post it. So, now I have a picture of a cupcake that is Fall colors and it January. Tragic, I know. My sister-in-law was most kind and not only surprised us with a fresh batch of these Whopper Cupcakes, but she also gave me permission to take a picture for all of you. How kind, right?  

Definitely try this one. The malt is DE-lish! By the way, you can find malt in the grocery store next to the hot chocolate mixes. And then why don't you go ahead and make yourself a malt milkshake with the extra. My treat.

Enjoy!

{WHOPPER CUPCAKES}
2 1/4 c. flour
1 1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1 c. malted milk powder
1 c. vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine milk and malted milk powder, stirring to dissolve. Add milk mixture, oil and eggs to flour mixture, beating at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sour cream and vanilla, beating just until combined. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans and bake for 15-17 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on racks. 

Frost and garnish with malted milkballs if desired.

Malt Frosting:
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
½ c. malted milk powder
6-7 c. powdered sugar
Blue food coloring

In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. In a small bowl, combine cream and malted milk powder, stirring to dissolve. Add cream mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed to combine. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth. You may need to add more or less powdered sugar depending on desired consistency. Add 6 to 8 drops of food coloring, mix well. Add more if you would like a deeper color. Frost cupcakes, top with a Whopper-malted milk ball & enjoy!


Pin It!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I don't ever think I have been "blogged" about, certainly not for my cooking. I am most flattered and glad you liked the cupcakes, I don't know a lot about many things but me and chocolate (well desserts in general) have a pretty close relationship.