Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

January 24, 2011

Easy Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta


Time is a disappearing act these days. I can't quite get enough of it to cover the demands of life. But I have to say, that I love it! Life is such a beautiful thing. And I continue to learn so much every day. Especially from my two-year-old son. He keeps me on my toes. 

With less time, I'm going for QUICK dinners. This one is a cinch. Plus, there's a few different options with it. You can do it in the crock pot. You can do it on the stove top. You can add different things to the sauce. You can serve it over pasta or rice. It's great! Get creative and let me know what you come up with.

And to make it even easier, remember my chicken prep tip.

Below, I'll show you what I like to do, and then I'll add the options below. Enjoy!

{EASY CREAMY ITALIAN CHICKEN PASTA}
1 lb. chicken, cooked & shredded
1 c. sour cream
2 cans (14.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 pkg dry Italian salad dressing mix
3/4 c. sliced olives
1 pkg, whole-wheat linguine, prepared according to package directions

In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, soup, dressing mix, and olives. In a large skillet combine sauce with shredded chicken and heat through. Serve over wheat linguine. 

CROCK-POT VERSION
Add whole pieces of raw chicken. Pour sauce ingredients over top and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.

CREAM CHEESE VERSION
You can use a block of cream cheese in place of the sour cream. It makes it a bit creamier, however I prefer to use low-fat sour cream to cut on calories. It tastes about the same

ADD-IN OPTIONS
Try adding the following: mushrooms, raisins, craisins, or coconut.

SERVING OPTIONS
Serve over any kind of pasta you like, or over a bed of cooked rice.



Pin It!

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Aly! I make this with the cream cheese in the crockpot. I haven't made it for forever! Thanks for the reminder. I serve it over smashed red-skinned potatoes.