Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

January 5, 2011

Dump Cake {aka Pineapple Cherry Cobbler}




Whenever I think of the term "aka" as in the title of this post and recipe, I think of my dear friend who grew up in Alaska. She would tell people when they'd ask where she's from, "I'm from Alaska, aka AK." I'll never forget the abbreviation for Alaska as long as I live. So funny!

With that said, I had to throw in the clarification to this title, because my husband doesn't think "Dump Cake" sounds as appealing as "Pineapple Cherry Cobbler." But Dump Cake for me screams, "EASY!!" Because all you have to do is dump these ingredients in a pan and bake. Seriously, one of the easiest things you'll make and it's OH SO GOOD!

This is a perfect recipe for when you start think, "It's cold outside and I really don't feel like going to the gym today. Ah, just forget about my New Years Resolution to lose weight."

What? You know it's going to happen, so why not go out with a bang? Enjoy!

{DUMP CAKE aka PINEAPPLE CHERRY COBBLER}
click here for a printable version of this recipe
1 box french vanilla cake mix (or yellow or white, if you must)
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple
1 1/2 sticks butter

Topping:
Whip cream

Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking oil. Dump the cans of cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple in the 9x13 and mix together. Sprinkle cake mix on top of all. Cut butter into slices and lay all over top of cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until golden and bubbling around edges. Serve warm with whip cream on top.


Pin It!

1 comment:

Lizi Bates said...

Why thank you for the honorable mention!! Remember at BYU on the map they have down by the bowling ally it had Alaska's abbreviation as AL...I was SO offended! I'm glad you'll always know it's AK :) Aly I love your food blog. I'm proud to report I've started cooking again, and I always turn to your blog for inspiration. My brother got me a pressure cooker for Christmas...do you have any advice and/or good recipes for it??