Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

January 31, 2011

Pig Salad



Where in the world have I been? I can't believe I was just introduced to this salad within the past 6 months. My Auntie Tina is a genius! She combined two wonderful salads to make ONE INCREDIBLE salad. It's so good, I can't stop eating it. The name "Pig Salad" is totally appropriate here. Plus, "Pig Salad" is much cuter than saying, "Broccoli Salad." I have to say I think it may be my favorite. And that's saying a lot because I'm not really one to eat broccoli just plain very much. But WOW! This is the perfect salad to take to dinner parties. 

It's also the perfect salad to just make and eat the whole thing yourself. I'm just saying...

Enjoy!

{PIG SALAD}
1 head broccoli, cut into small bite size pieces (do I really need to clarify that I'm just talking about the tops?)
1/2 red onion, diced
1 c. craisins
1 c. sunflower seeds
8 slices bacon, cooked and diced
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Dressing:
1/3 c. mayo
3 T. white sugar
1 T. vinegar

In a large bowl, mix all the salad ingredients together. In a small bowl, combine and whisk together the dressing ingredients. Combine and mix dressing into salad and serve immediately. This salad actually holds up very well for left-overs the next day.


Pin It!

No comments: