Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

June 2, 2011

QUICK Lemon Lime Sweet Rolls



I love cinnamon rolls. And I love LOVE citrus. So, I decided to experiment and put them together. 


Holy sweet rolls! 


My friend said they tasted like "candy." I thought they tasted like heaven. So scrumptious!


The best part? THEY DON'T HAVE TO RISE! So, they're super super quick! I mean in under an hour you'll be eating these puppies!


In fact, maybe I'll go make some right now! Enjoy.


{QUICK LEMON LIME SWEET ROLLS}
THE DOUGH:

1 1/2 c. warm water

2 T. yeast
1/4 c. sugar

1 1/2 tsp. salt

1/3 c. butter, softened

1 egg

4 c. flour

THE FILLING:
Zest from one lime
Zest from one lemon
2 T. butter, softened
1/3 c. sugar

THE GLAZE:

1 c. powdered sugar
1 T. butter or margarine, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Juice from 1/2 the lemon
Juice from 1/2 the lime


THE DOUGH: In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and sprinkle with about 1 T. sugar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until yeast mixture is frothy and the yeast has "activated."  Mix in remaining sugar. Mix in each remaining ingredient one at a time and and mix well.  


Allow dough to rest while you make the filling .


THE FILLING: Zest the lime and lemon into a small mixing bowl.  Mix in butter and sugar until completely incorporated. Set aside.


THE ROLLS: Pour dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and not sticky. I added a little more flour by hand, to reach that point.  Roll dough into an 11"x15" rectangle or until it's 1/4" thick. Spread lemon lime filling mixture over the entire dough surface.  


Roll from the long end to form a spiral dough log. Cut the log into 1 1/2-2" lengths using a string or knife.  Put rolls in a sprayed 9"x13" baking pan and allow to rest while you preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake rolls for 10-15 min or until the rolls start turning a golden brown on top.  


THE GLAZE: Whisk all the glaze ingredients together. Top the warm sweet rolls with the lemon-lime glaze while still warm.
Pin It!

No comments: