Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

May 23, 2011

HEALTHY (and quick) Sweet Pepper Fettuccine Alfredo



I know what you're thinking. "Healthy" and "Fettuccine Alfredo" don't really belong in the same sentence, right? Well it does when my husband enters the kitchen. Remember how I said he was going to cook dinner every night last week? It was awesome! I loved every second of it.


Now, let me just say something first. Steve is not one to go for the "healthy" versions....like ever. He wants full fat, full calories, full flavor. And he can handle it. Because he doesn't gain weight unless he wants to. And he can actually LOSE weight by just thinking that he wants to. Don't you just hate when that happens? Ugh.


So, he was looking for QUICK recipes and he loves fettuccine alfredo. So when he found this he was just excited it didn't take very long to make. But when I read the recipe, and discovered how healthy it is, I was ECSTATIC!! It tastes so good, you would never know it's "healthy."


Well little Healthy Sweet Pepper Fettuccine, you just earned yourself a spot on our "regulars" list. Congratulations.


Enjoy.



{HEALTHY SWEET PEPPER FETTUCCINE} 
12-oz dry whole wheat fettuccine pasta
2 red bell peppers, julienned
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 c. reduced fat sour cream
3/4 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside. 
Spray cooking oil in a large skillet and saute red bell peppers, garlic and cayenne pepper over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and chicken broth and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. 
Toss hot pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste; serve. 
NOTE: It would be wonderful with grilled chicken on top!
 Source: allrecipes.com 
Pin It!