Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

October 10, 2011

Frankenbite Cookies

 
I made these little cuties last year and I've been waiting to post them! They were SO quick and easy it's almost a joke. You have to make these for your Halloween parties this year. This is also a really cute way to let your kids help!

After these cooled they were so tasty because the cookies softened from the chocolate coating. They were really a lot more delicious than I expected. I was just going for the cute factor.  But don't worry if they look a little demented and scary. They're FRANKENSTEIN! They're supposed to look monsterous. That's the best part! You can't mess it up.


You can find melting wafers at craft stores like Michaels.

Enjoy!

{FRANKENBITE COOKIES}
1 pkg. sandwich cookies (Oreo type cookies)
1 pkg. green chocolate melting wafers
1 pkg. brown chocolate melting wafers
Chocolate sprinkles
Purple Nerds candies
Honey Nut Cheerios

In separate bowls, melt the chocolate wafers. You can do this with a double boiler, or by nuking them in the microwave. Be sure the stir after every 30 seconds until they are completely melted.

Hold one cookie at a time and dip into the green melted chocolate 3/4's of the way. Set cookies on waxed paper and finish dipping the rest of the cookies in the green chocolate.

As they sit on the wax paper and BEFORE they set up completely, place the Nerd's eyes and Cheerio mouths into the green face portion of the cookie.

Then go back and dip the remaining 1/4 of each cookie in the brown chocolate wafers. Now, your cookie should be completely covered. While the brown chocolate is still wet, dip in a bowl of chocolate sprinkles for hair. Continue with the rest of the cookies.

Allow the chocolate to set up for a couple hours before moving.
Pin It!

No comments: