Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

July 7, 2011

Black Bean Soup


I'm a big fan of black beans. Whenever there is a case-lot sale, I'm always stocking up on the black beans. Like for my corn and black bean dip. You should check that out.

But I saw this recipe and couldn't resist. Healthy stuff into a creamy soup. Topped with my favorite toppings: sour cream, green onions, and crushed tortilla chips. Delicious! I loved it. It was filling and nice to know there's healthy veggies hidden in all that goodness. Enjoy!

{BLACK BEAN SOUP}
1 T. olive oil
4 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
3/4 c. carrots, diced
3/4 c. celery, diced
1 c. onion, diced
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (3.5-oz.) can green chilies
2 cans low-sodium beef broth
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. dry oregano leaves
1 bay leaf
Juice from one lime
 
Toppings: sour cream, tortilla chips, grated cheese, chopped green onions.

Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic and saute  about 5 minutes, until the veggies are starting to soften. Add black beans, chilies, and beef broth. Stir to combine. Add salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender.

Remove pot from heat and be sure to remove bay leaf from soup. Place soup in a blender. Loosely, place lid on blender and puree soup until completely smooth.  Squeeze in the juice from one lime and pulse to combine. Serve with desired toppings.

Pin It!

No comments: