Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

October 15, 2010

Aly's Amazing Shepherd's Pie

I've got to be honest. This was so good, I didn't get a picture of it on my plate. Luckily, I snapped a picture of the pan! Whew! Because you definitely don't want to miss this one. This was a favorite of mine growing up, but I spiced it up the other night and it was to die for! I loved it! A perfect Fall meal for the family (or for yourself, because you really could eat this whole pan, trust me!).

MY TIP FOR THIS: When you're making mashed potatoes for a different meal, make extra. It cuts down your prep time for this meal!

WHAT I WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY: I wish I would have added cooked, crumbled bacon into the mashed potatoes. If you try it, let me know! YUM!

Enjoy!

{ALY'S AMAZING SHEPHERD'S PIE}
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 c. carrots, grated
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried sage
1/4 c. ketchup
1/3 c. BBQ sauce
8-oz frozen green beans, french-cut style
2 c. mashed potatoes (see my tip above)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (I like my cheese!)
2-3 green onions, sliced
Sour Cream for garnish

Saute onion with ground beef until cooked through. Add carrots, salt, pepper, thyme, sage, ketchup, and BBQ sauce. Stir thoroughly. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking oil. Spread meat mixture in bottom of the dish. Layer the green beans on top of the meat. Spread potatoes on top of beans. Spread cheese and green onions over all. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with sour cream.


Pin It!

1 comment:

Lizi Bates said...

Ohhh thank you for posting this! One of George's favorite meals is shepard's pie and I never use a recipe and just throw stuff in a pan, but I've been wanting to find a good recipe. I can't wait to try it!!