Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 20, 2010

Granola - the yummy kind

I got this recipe from my cousin (hi cousin!). It is so easy to make, definitely yummy, and actually pretty healthy. Some granola recipes are loaded with too much sugar. But this one, oh man, it's good and still decently healthy. 

We like to eat it with milk (I'm seriously never buying cereal again), with yogurt, and my favorite is to make a fruit and yogurt parfait (see how delicious that looks?). Layer fresh or frozen berries, vanilla yogurt, and top with the granola. YUM!  

GRANOLA
1 1/4 T. olive oil
5 c. rolled oats (not quick oats!!)
3 T. ground cinnamon
1/3 c.  butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. honey
1 T. molasses
1/2 c. blanched slivered almonds - optional
1/2 c. dried fruit (like craisins, raisins, dried blueberries, or coconut)

Heat olive oil in large stock pot over medium heat. Combine oats and cinnamon. Add them to the pot. Cook and stir until lightly toasted, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes.

Pour oats onto large cookie sheet. Melt butter in pot, and then stir in honey, molasses and brown sugar. Simmer. Return oats to pot. Cook and stir until hot and coated.

Remove from heat and stir in almonds and fruit. Pour onto cookie sheet and allow to cool. Granola will harden as it cools.

Click here to for a printable version of this recipe.
Pin It!

No comments: