Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

April 24, 2010

The Best Sugar Cookies

These really are the best. Do I keep saying that about everything? I guess I'm starting with my favorite recipes. I've always loved sugar cookies. And usually when you see the ones in the store, they look SO good and then you eat them and they're all dried out and yucky. Not so with this recipe. Everyone keeps asking for more! Enjoy!

BEST SUGAR COOKIES

1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 375. Cream together shortening and sugar. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix well. Combine flour, soda, baking powder, and salt to creamed mixture. Dough will be stiff. Place on a floured surface and roll out to 1/4-1/2" thickness (the thicker the dough, the softer the cookies) and cut into desired shape. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool.

Buttercream Frosting
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk, to consistency

Cream all ingredients. Add coloring if desired. Frost when cookies are cool.

Pin It!

No comments: