Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

February 15, 2011

Fluffins - a new breakfast revolution


The other morning I was making some of my Banana Oatmeal muffins, which my son LOVES! The batter makes quite a bit. So, I filled both muffin pans and I still had some batter leftover. I didn't have the patience to cook a whole other batch after the first, so I decided to try frying the batter like a pancake. I got a large skillet and poured the rest of the batter in, to make ONE large "pancake."

Yum! It was thick and hearty like a muffin, but flat like a pancake. We broke pieces off and poured syrup over it and it was absolutely DELICIOUS. I wished I had done that with all the batter instead of baking muffins. 

Then I kept thinking about what I could name this new-found breakfast tradition. I was telling my wonderfully, talented cousin about my name dilemma. And I have to give her credit for coming up with the cutest name of "Fluffins," which is a FLAT MUFFIN. Cute right?

Now, I'm not sure how this will go with other muffin recipes yet, but I'm excited to try it out! Let me know if you venture out to make fluffins! This really is a breakfast revolution! Enjoy!


{BANANA OATMEAL FLUFFINS}
1 c. rolled oats
1 c. boiling water
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 c. milk
3 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Place oats in a medium bowl and poor the boiling water over all. Set aside. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix eggs, sugar, oil, milk and bananas. Stir in oats. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to banana mixture. In a large skillet pour enough batter to form one large pancake. Cook a few minute until bubbles start coming through the batter. Flip and cook on the other side. Serve with maple syrup.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Courtney Taylor said...

I must tell you I LOVE it when you mention me in your blog. You can ask Daniel how excited I get, he's sitting here with me and I just HAD to read him the blog cuz I was so excited. I even did the rub the hands together excitement gesture! :)