Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

November 22, 2010

Austrian Apple Pancake


I love breakfast foods. Which is a little strange, since I don't love mornings so much. 

My beautiful sister gave me a box FULL of apples a couple weeks ago, so I've been trying to find yummy recipes to use up all those gorgeous apples. This one is definitely a winner. My little son keeps yelling, "More cake, Mommy. More CCAAKKEEE!" I'd say it's a hit. Enjoy!

{AUSTRIAN APPLE PANCAKE}
2 golden delicious apples, peeled and sliced 
1/4 c. butter
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. lemon juice
3 eggs
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. flour
1 T. sugar
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large skillet, cook apple slices in  2 T. of butter until tender (about 8 minutes). Add cinnamon and lemon juice and cook 1 minute. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk,flour, sugar, salt and remaining melted butter (2 T). Mix until smooth. Pour batter over apples in the hot skillet, do not stir. Place skillet in oven and bake until puffed and golden, 18-20 minutes. Make sure you cover the handle with foil, if it's not metal. Serve with maple syrup and powdered sugar.



Pin It!

No comments: