Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

March 21, 2013

Layered Eclair Cake



I do not like eclairs. But I DO like my husband. So I made this for him. And guess what, I LOVED it! I'm not a fan of the pastry part of the eclair. And I discovered its because I've never had FRESH eclairs.  This was really yummy and just what we needed to celebrate my husband. Love him.

{LAYERED ECLAIR CAKE}

Crust:
1 c. water
1/2 c. butter
1 c. flour
4 eggs

Filling:
1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (5.1 oz.) pkg vanilla instant pudding
3 c. cold milk

Topping:
Homemade whipped cream (about 2 cups whipped)
chocolate syrup (like an ice cream topping)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.

In a medium pan, melt butter in water and bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in flour. Mix one egg in at a time, mixing completely before adding another. {this is where I got worried, but I just kept mixing and it turned out...no scrambled eggs} Spread mixture evenly into 9x13 pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.

While the crust cools, make vanilla pudding according to package directions and allow to set up in the fridge. In a separate bowl, whip cream cheese. Slowly add pudding to cream cheese and mix until there are no lumps {this will take a few minutes, don't give up}

When the crust is completely cool, pour the filling in. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce.

Enjoy!



Pin It!

No comments: