Thanks for stopping by.
Some Kind of Delicious is a place for people who love food, just as much as I do. Here I'll share my all-time favorite recipes as well as NEW delicious recipes I find as I go along.You'll also find some delicious products and free printable products. If you have a recipe or product you'd like me to review or feature, drop me a note. I'm always listening. Enjoy!

December 19, 2011

Easiest Egg & Toast Breakfast Cups



I'm all about easy cooking these days. As you can tell, I've been lacking on my posting. That's because my pregnancy sickness has lingered FOREVER! And I also have been crazy busy with Christmas preparations. So, we've been eating our favorite EASY meals. Which I should post for you. 

But today here's a new one. This is the easiest breakfast you could make, besides cold cereal or instant oatmeal. Plus, it's cute! You can make it with sausage or bacon. I think the bacon is more cute. But my husband preferred sausage. Your choice.

This would be perfect for Christmas morning.

Enjoy!

{EASIEST EGG & TOAST BREAKFAST CUPS}
3 T. butter, melted
8 slices bread (I used a 7-grain bread)
1 1/2 c. sausage, cooked & crumbled (or 6 slices bacon, cooked)
6 eggs
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter 6 standard muffin cups. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slices slightly and, with a 4 1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut into 8 rounds. Cut each round in half, then press 2 halves into each muffin cup, overlapping slightly and making sure bread comes up to edge of cup. Use extra bread to patch any gaps. Brush bread with remaining butter.
 
Spoon 1/4 cup sausage in cup. Or lay 1 bacon slice in each bread cup, depending on which one you've picked. Crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.
Pin It!

No comments: